iSQI® Certified Agile Business Analysis
Understand Business Analysis in an Agile context
Are you a business analyst who is working in or moving to an Agile environment? How does the work, and your approach, differ from the traditional BA role? What are the recognised practices in Agile business analysis?
The Certified Agile Business Analysis course presents practices and tools for Agile BAs working in any of the emergent flavours of Agile.
The course is directly mapped to the activities, tasks and skills defined in the Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide published by the IIBA® (July 2013) and developed in partnership with the Agile Alliance.
The Agile Alliance says, “The Agile Extension helps business analysts deliver business knowledge to Agile developers quickly and effectively.”
TARGET AUDIENCE: This course requires basic understanding of the role of a business analyst in systems development and the systems development process. It is designed for:
- Business analysts needing a clear understanding of Agile and its applications.
- Business analysts wanting to improve the way they work in Agile projects.
- Anyone interested in business analysis who wishes to build their Agile capabilities.
- Anyone involved in software projects wanting to accredit their Agile skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
- Business Analysts wanting to accredit their Agile skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
- Identify the role of the business analyst in Agile software development projects
- Participate in Agile teams developing software
- Articulate the BA’s responsibilities to both the enterprise and the Agile team
- Understand the BA’s contribution to the Agile process analysis frameworks
- Identify BA specific techniques that contribute to the delivery of artefacts that add value to the enterprise initiating Agile projects
- Appreciate the importance of, and how to contribute to, continuous improvement through retrospectives
- Business Analysis, Agile and common Agile approaches
- BA roles in Agile projects
- The Agile BA Discovery and Delivery frameworks
- See the whole
- Think as a customer
- Determine what’s of value
- Get real with examples
- Understand what’s doable
- Stimulate collaboration and continuous improvement
- Avoid waste
- What next for BAs