ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Automotive Tester
A certified ISTQB® Automotive Software Tester can demonstrate knowledge of the most important test procedures and standards used as part of testing E/E systems in an automotive environment.
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Automotive Software Tester exam.
You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Automotive Software Tester; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them.
The syllabus includes topics relevant to anyone involved in testing E/E systems in an automotive environment and who wants to learn or demonstrate they can:
- Consider the basic requirements of the relevant standards for the selection of suitable test techniques specifically:
- Automotive SPICE (ASPICE)
- ISO 26262
- Apply virtual test methods:
- Test environment in general (motivation for test environments in the automotive industry, general parts of a test environment, difference between Closed Loop and Open Loop, essential interfaces, databases, and communication protocols of control units)
- Testing in XiL test environments (Model in the Loop (MiL), Software in the Loop (SiL), Hardware in the Loop (HiL))
- Apply specific static and dynamic testing methods
- Static methods (MISRA-C:2012 programming standards)
- Dynamic testing methods (condition testing, multiple conditions testing, modified condition decision testing, back-to-back testing, fault injection testing, requirements-based testing, context-dependent selection of testing methods)
The exam will be available on Pearson Vue for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Automotive Software Tester; exam, you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Automotive Software Tester certification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of skills in the field of software testing with a specialisation in testing E/E systems in an automotive environment.
- You can demonstrate that you can perform the principle tasks of a tester in an automotive environment using knowledge of the applicable standards.
- You can add value to your organization\'s automotive testing.
Who is this certification for?
ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Automotive Software Tester is aimed at anyone who wishes to broaden their knowledge of testing E/E systems in an automotive environment or anyone who wishes to start a specialist career in automotive testing.
It is particularly suitable for:* Systems and software testers* systems and software developers* project managers and quality managers in the environment of automotive development.
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest:
ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester