Click here to see how to schedule your exam.
What are the exam options available?
How to request extra time
What is 2TRY and how does it work?
The course addresses typical tasks and problems faced by a project or test manager.
It develops the skills you will need for operative test management, enabling you to successfully plan, control, and monitor software testing in your projects. You will become familiar with methods of strategic test management, which you can use to introduce, establish, and continually improve software testing and reviewing. With these methods, software testing will become an effective, firmly embedded and tool-supported process in your business.
You will get to know a range of documents for planning tests, that comply with international norms and standards, and you will be introduced to the basics and interrelations of the incident, risk, and test management. You will learn which data on quality and error statistics can be captured during the testing procedure and how decisions on product releases can be made, based on objective data obtained during testing.
You will get an overview of different organizational forms of software testing and their potential advantages and disadvantages. Thus, you will be able to come to a well-based decision on the organizational structure that best suits your specific situation.
The topic area “test process improvement” addresses the permanent challenge for test managers to adapt and enhance the applied processes. To meet this challenge, you will get to know different project improvement models and you will learn how to use them.
The course is rounded up by an analysis of the testers’ role in the company, his particular situation and the professional expertise and social skills he needs.
You further deepen your knowledge with exercises and benefit from the exchange of ideas with other participants. Attending this course will leave you well prepared for the participation at the certification test right after the course or at a date of your choice.
- Testing process
- Testing during software development
- Non-functional test management
- Experience-based test management
- Risk-oriented test, test planning, estimating the test effort
- Test documentation and further working results
- Test survey and monitoring, metrics
- Added-value of testing
- Error management
- Approvals and standards for the test management (i. a. IEEE 829, IEEE 1028, IEEE 1044, ISO 9126, ISO 25000, ISO 15504)
- Test process improvement (i. a. TMMi, TPI Next)
- Organizational forms of testing
- Testing team (tasks, communication, motivation, ...)
- Tools in the test process
The course contents are based on a profound knowledge of the contents of the courses ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level. We, therefore, recommend to participate in the “ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level“ training course prior to attending or to repeat the contents of the current version of the syllabus.
- Provider name
- imbus Canada Corporation
- Provider Terms & Conditions
- examen inbegrepen
- 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
- Certification Type
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager CTAL-TM