ISTQB® Certified Tester – Security Tester
Security testing is an important part of software development which deals with the vulnerability of software. Tests are used to check the system’s sensitivity to various types of attack. As a security tester you will understand security risks and how these can be avoided or reduced. The internationally recognised ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Security Tester (CTAL-ST) certification attests to your comprehensive knowledge in the field of software testing with a specialism in the security aspects.
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Security Tester exam.You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Security Tester; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them.
The syllabus covers:
- Introduction to the security testing
- Security testing processes and mechanisms
- Evaluation of security tests
- Available tools
- Standards and trends
The exam will be available on Pearson Vue for anyone wishing to self-study (contact us).
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Security Tester exam you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate. You should have 3 years of practical testing experience. Some prior experience in security testing is an advantage.Note*: Practical experience requirements may vary depending on your local ISTQB® partner. We are happy to help.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Security Tester certification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing with a specialisation in the security aspects.
- You will learn how to plan, implement and evaluate security tests from various perspectives.
- You will be able to prove your knowledge regarding security risks and how to handle them.
- You will learn about the various tools that exist for conducting security tests and how to use them.
- You will get a feeling for areas in which security tests are particularly important.
- You will learn how hackers act and gain information, and how to close these security holes and ward off attacks.
Who is this certification for?
This certification is aimed at anyone interested in the topic of software testing, who has already been working in the sector for a few years and wants to develop their skills in the field of cyber security. It is particularly suitable for:
- Software testers
- Test analysts, test developers, test managers
- Software developers
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest include:
- Certified Tester Foundation Level - Agile Tester
- Certified Tester Foundation Level - Model Based Tester
- Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager
- Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
- Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst
- Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer
- Certified Tester Expert Level - Improving the Testing Process
- Certified Tester Expert Level - Test Management