iSQI's CAT Certified Agile Tester®
Tests associated with agile projects and agile software development should also be agile. Developer teams should be able to produce high quality software using agile testing methods. In addition, development speed can be significantly increased by agile tests, which enable rapid feedback and low overheads. In preparation for certification testing for iSQI’s CAT Certified Agile Tester®, you will acquire the skills needed for working as an agile tester through very well-prepared theory and numerous practical exercises.
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the iSQI\'s CAT Certified Agile Tester® exam. You can prepare for the exam by attending a training course with an accredited training provider for iSQI\'s CAT Certified Agile Tester®; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly and practically explained and taught to them.
The syllabus covers the topics of “methods and processes”, “planning”, “testing” and “teams”. These topics are covered in theory and thoroughly tested and practised using practical examples. As communication is high priority for agile teams, the trainer will assess the participant’s soft skills throughout the training course.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific requirements or required pre-certifications. Nevertheless, basic knowledge in the following areas is required:
- Test design and development
- Difference between functional and non-functional tests, including the basic concepts of performance and usability testing
- Performance of all activities that are part of a basic test
How does this certification benefit me?
With iSQI’s® CAT Certified Agile Tester® certification:
- You will have an internationally recognised certification
- You will demonstrate the knowledge and skills to work in agile projects
- You will learn about the principles behind the agile approach to software development
- You will be able to distinguish between tester roles in agile projects versus those in non-agile projects
- You will learn to recognise and evaluate the challenges and potential difficulties of agile projects
Who is this certification for?
This certification is aimed at anyone interested in the topic of software testing. It is particularly suitable for software testers working on agile projects.
What other certifications can you recommend?
As a foundation for iSQI’s® CAT Certified Agile Tester® certification, we recommend the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certification. We also recommend the iSQI’s® Certified Agile Essentials certification.