ISTQB® Certified Tester – Expert Level, Test Management
As a test manager, you have responsibility for the test process conducted during software development. You plan the necessary tests, assess them and handle fault management. The internationally recognised ISTQB® Certified Tester - Expert Level, Test Management (CTEL-TM-Full) certification attests to your comprehensive knowledge in the field of software testing with a specialism in the field of test management. You will be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of test theory and practice, and will be in a position to take on the management of test process projects.
How do I obtain the ISTQB® certification?
To be certified you must pass three ISTQB® Certified Tester - Expert Level, Test Management exams:
- Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Strategic Test Management (CTEL-TM-SM)
- Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Operational Test Management (CTEL-TM-SM)
- Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Managing the Test Team (CTEL-TM-MTT)
You can prepare for the exams by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester - Expert Level, Test Management; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them.
The syllabus consists of three modules:
- Strategic Test Management:
- Operational Test Management: contractual issues, communication strategies, intergrating from external resources; estimating effort, balancing quality, schedule and budget and features implemented; test project evaluation and reporting; release considerations; project retrospectives
- Managing the Test Team; Build, develop and lead the team; be an advocate for the test team, creating and building stakeholder relationships, handling ethical issues
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Expert Level, Test Management exam you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level and ISTQB® Certified Tester − Advanced Level, Test Manager certificate. You must also have at least five years of practical experience in the field of software testing and two years of experience in test management.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Expert Level, Test Management certificate:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing at an “expert” level.
- You will significantly extend and improve your knowledge and experience, which you can show with an Advanced Level certificate.
- You will prove that you have extensive knowledge and skills in the field of testing and as a test manager.
- You will be able to support the decisions of an organisation or a project with your expertise.
Who is this certification for?
This certification is aimed at anyone interested in the topic of software testing, who has already been working in the sector for a few years and wants to develop their skills further. It is particularly suitable for software testers with extensive professional experience in test management.
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other certifications that may be of interest:
- Certified Tester Foundation Level - Agile Tester
- Certified Tester Foundation Level - Model Based Tester
- Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
- Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst
- Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer
- Certified Tester Expert Level - Improving the Testing Process
- Certified Tester Expert Level - Test Management
Are you involved in test process improvement and seeking to be able to assess the maturity of your test team? Perhaps consider TMMi-Professional certification.