ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level
Software testers are tasked with testing software for its operational capability and quality. The information gained is used to remedy potential software faults and serves to continually improve the software quality. As a software tester you will be knowledgable with a range of software tests. The internationally recognised ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL) certification attests to your comprehensive knowledge in this field.
How do I obtain the ISTQB certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level exam.You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for * ISTQB Certified Tester − Foundation Level; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them. The syllabus covers important topics in the field of software testing, starting with the basics of software testing, testing during the software’s lifecycle and static tests, through to test design procedures, management and tools.
The exam is available on Pearson Vue for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific requirements or required pre-certifications. Programming knowledge is an advantage.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing
- You will learn about all the steps involved in the software testing process, from planning through to implementation and the evaluation of software tests
- You will have the opportunity to gain further certificates (Advanced and Expert level)
Who is this certification for?
This certification is aimed at anyone interested in the topic of software testing. It is particularly suitable for:
- Software testers
- Test analysts, test developers, test managers
- Software developers
- Product managers, quality managers, development managers
- Managers who want to develop a deeper understanding of the work of their team
ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certification is relevant for all fields, e.g. in the automotive industry, in the finance sector, in medical technology, telecommunications, the public sector and many more.
What other certifications can you recommend?
The ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification is a prerequisite for going on to study the following ISTQB certificates:
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level - Agile Tester
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level - Model-Based Tester
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Security Tester
- ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level - Improving the Testing Process
- ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level - Test Management