ISTQB® Certified Tester – Model Based Tester (CTFL-MBT)
Model-Based Testing is an advanced test approach using models for testing. It extends and supports classic test design techniques such as equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision table testing, state transition testing, and use case testing. The basic idea is to improve the quality and efficiency of the test design and test implementation activities. A focus point of the impact of MBT on the test process is process automation and artifact generation.
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Model-Based Tester (CTFL-MBT) certification you will be able to demonstrate an ability to create, implement and evaluate model-based tests, and therefore contribute to higher quality software (development).
How do I obtain the ISTQB® certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level exam. You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them. The training course will cover important topics in the field of model-based software testing, starting with an introduction to model-based testing through to creating appropriate tests and their implementation and evaluation.The exam is available on Pearson Vue for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified TesterFoundation Level - Model-Based Tester exam, you will need the ISTQB® Certified TesterFoundation Level certification.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation - Model-Based Tester qualification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing with a specialisation in model-based testing
- You will learn to use models and tools in software testing
- You will be in a position to increase the quality and efficiency of test designs and their implementation
Who is this certification for?
This certification is aimed at anyone interested in the topic of software testing. It is particularly suitable for:
- Software testers
- Test analysts, test developers, test managers
- Software developers
- Managers who want to develop a deeper understanding of the work of their test team
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest:
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Agile Tester
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Security Tester
We would also recommend iSQI® Certified Mobile App Tester qualification.If you need to be able to gather requirements then you could consider IREB® Certified Professional Requirements Engineer – Foundation Level (CPRE)