ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager
As a test manager, you take on responsibility for the test process conducted during software development. You plan the necessary tests, assess them and handle fault management. With the internationally recognised ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager (CTAL-TM) certification, you will demonstrate that you have the skills and knowledge of the testing tools that are used to automate processes.
How do I obtain the ISTQB® certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager exam.
You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them. The curriculum includes all topics relevant to test management - from test processes and management, to inspections, fault management and improving processes, through to test tools and automation, as well as social skills.
The exam is available on Pearson Vue for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager exam you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate. You should have at least 18 months of practical experience in the field of software testing.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager certification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing with a specialisation as a test manager.
- You will learn how to manage, implement and evaluate test procedures.
Who is this certification for?
This certification is aimed at anyone interested in the topic of software testing, who has already been working in the sector for a few years and wants to develop their skills further.
It is particularly suitable for:
- Software testers
- Test analysts, test developers, test managers
- Software developers
- Project managers
What other certifications can you recommend?
The ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level -Test Manager certification is a prerequisite for:
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level - Test Management
- ISTQB® Certified Tester − Expert Level, Improving the Testing Process certificates.
We also recommend:
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Agile Tester
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Model-Based Tester
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Security Tester
You may achieve Full Certified Tester Advanced Level status by also certificating in both the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Test Analyst and ISTQB® Certified Tester - Technical Test Analyst.
Are you involved in test process improvement and seeking to be able to assess the maturity of your testing processes? Perhaps consider TMMi-Professional certification.