ISTQB® Certified Tester – Test Automation Engineer
As a Test Automation Engineer you are responsible for the development and automation of tests. You take on the planning and implementation of automation processes and can document them. With the internationally recognised ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer (CTAL-TAE) certification, you will be able to prove your knowledge and skills and take on the management of these types of projects.
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Test Automation Engineer exam.
You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Test Automation Engineer; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them. The curriculum includes all the important topics in the field of test automation:
- General architecture of test automation
- Operational risks and reports
- Transferring from manual over to automated processes
- Continual improvement
The exam will be available on Pearson Vue for anyone wishing to self-study (contact us).
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Test Automation Engineer exam you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate. You should have at least three years of practical experience in the field of software testing.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Test Automation Engineer certification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing with a specialisation as a test automation engineer
- You will learn how to develop and integrate test automations
- You will be able to choose suitable tools and technologies for each project
- You be able to create approaches and methodologies for building a test automation architecture
- You will learn how manual test processes are moved over to automated ones
- You will learn how to create reports and metrics on automated tests
Who is this certification for?
This certification is aimed at anyone interested in the topic of software testing, who has already been working in the sector for a few years and wants to develop their skills further. It is particularly suitable for:
- Software testers
- Test analysts, test developers, test managers
- Software developers
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest:
- Foundation Level Extension
- Agile Tester
- Model-Based Testing
- Advanced Level:
- Test Manager
- Test Analyst
- Technical Test Analyst
- Security Tester
- Expert Level
- Improving the Testing Process
- Test Management