ISTQB® Certified Tester - Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT)
Click here to see how to schedule your exam.
What are the exam options available?
How to request extra time
What is 2TRY and how does it work?
ISTQB® Certified Tester - Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT)
The Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester qualification is aimed at people who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in technical testing aspects in an agile context.
The syllabus content covers:Requirements Engineering: analyzing user stories and epics, identifying acceptance criteria.Testing in Agile: Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Testing Driven Development (ATDD), experience based testing, aspects of code qualityTest Automation: data driven testing, keyword driven testing, test automation approaches, levels of test automationDeployment and Delivery: continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, continuous deployment
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester Agile Technical Tester exam.
You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester Agile Technical Tester; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them.
The modules offered at the Advanced Level cover a wide range of testing topics:
- Analyze user stories and epics using requirements engineering techniques
- Describe the requirements engineering techniques and how they can help testers
- Create and evaluate testable acceptance criteria for a given user story using requirements engineering and test techniques
- Describe the elicitation techniques
- Apply test-driven development (TDD) in the context of a given example in an Agile project
- Understand the characteristics of a Unit test
- Understand the meaning of the mnemonic word FIRST Apply behavior-driven development (BDD) in the context of a given user story in an Agile project
- Understand how to manage guidelines for a formulation of a scenario
- Analyze a product backlog in an Agile project to determine a way to introduce acceptance test-driven development
- Analyze the creation of a test approach using test automation, experience-based tests and back-box tests created using other approaches (including risk-based testing) for a given scenario in an Agile project
- Explain differences between Mission critical and non-critical
- Analyze user stories and epics to create test charters, and interpret their results
- Understand the use Experienced-based techniques
- Understand the importance of refactoring test cases in Agile projects
- Understand practical task-list for Refactoring Test cases
- Analyze code as part of a code review to identify defects and technical debt
- Understand Static code Analysis
- Apply data-driven and keyword-driven test techniques to develop automated test scripts
- Understand how to apply test automation to a given test approach in an Agile environment
- Understand the test automation
- Understand differences between various test approaches
- Understand the factors to consider when determining the level of test automation needed to keep up with the speed of deployment
- Understand the challenges of test automation in agile settings
- Apply continuous integration (CI) and summarize its impact on testing activities
- Understand the role of continuous testing in continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Understand the concept of service virtualization and its role in Agile projects
- Understand the benefits of service virtualization
The exam is available on Pearson Vue for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Agile Technical exam, you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate and a valid Certified Center Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester certificate. Please check with iSQI with regard to the specific practical experience criteria that may apply.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Agile Technical tester certification:
- You will apply Agile techniques to ensure tests that provide adequate coverage
- You will define testable requirements within Agile Team
- You will create and implement various Agile Test approaches using appropriate techniques
- Support and contribute to test automation activities in an Agile project
- Support continuous integration in an Agile Team
- Support Agile Team in continuous delivery and deployment
- Learn the service visualization concepts
- Work with, and share information with, other team members using effective communication styles and channels
Who is this certification for?
The Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester qualification is aimed at people who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in technical testing aspects in an agile context. The modules offered at the Advanced Level cover a wide range of testing topics.
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest:
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Model Based Tester
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Security Tester
You may achieve Full Certified Tester Advanced Level status by also certificating in both the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Manager and the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Technical Test Analyst.
We would also recommend iSQI Certified Agile Essentials and iSQI Certified Agile Business Analysis .
- ISTQB® - International Software Testing Qualifications Board
- Exam questions
- Minimum score
- 65 %
- Examination Time
- 90 min
- In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Agile Technical exam, you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate and a valid Certified Center Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester certificate.
- Product Type