ISTQB® CTEL-TM Part 2 Operational Test Management
Click here to see how to schedule your exam.
What are the exam options available?
How to request extra time
What is 2TRY and how does it work?
ISTQB® CTEL-TM Part 2 Operational Test Management
Note 1: All ISTQB® CTEL-Test Management exams are available as multiple choice question (MCQ) only exams from 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023 (with re-takes available until 1st June 2023) via the iSQI remote proctor platform.
Note 2: If you wish to take the ISTQB® CTEL-Test Management exams with multiple choice AND essay questions, please contact our team at email@example.com for more information - the exam fee with essay will be ~650 Euros (in the applicable local currency for your country) per part.
The internationally recognized ISTQB® Certified Tester - Expert Level, Test Management (CTEL-TM-Full) certification attests to your comprehensive knowledge in the field of software testing with a specialism in the field of test management. You will be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of test theory and practice, and will be in a position to take on the management of test process projects.
The ISTQB® Expert Level Test Management (CTEL-TM) certification comprises 3 parts:
- Part 1: Strategic Test Management (CTEL-TM-STM)
- Part 2: Operational Test Management (CTEL-TM-OTM)
- Part 3: Managing the Test Team (CTEL-TM-MTT)
Part 2, Operational Test Management focuses on managing external relationships, project management essentials, test project evaluation and reporting, testing considerations for domain and project factors and evaluating effectiveness and efficiency.
Find out more about ISTQB® Expert Level certification here.
How do I obtain this ISTQB® certification?
Each of the three parts of the ISTQB® CTEL-TM has a separate certification exam. ALL three parts must be passed to gain full CTEL-TM certification.
You can prepare for all ISTQB® CTEL-TM exams by attending accredited training for ISTQB® CTEL-TM; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them.
You may also self-study using the syllabus and mock exams (we would also suggest your refer to the ISTQB® - Expert Level Exam Structure and Rules document).
Note: All CTEL-TM exams are available as multiple choice question (MCQ) only exams from 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023 (with re-takes available until 1st June 2023) via the iSQI remote proctor platform.
- You can order your Part 2 exam (multiple choice only), Operational Test Management on this page.
- Please go to Strategic Test Management to order your Part 1 exam and Managing the Test Team to order your Part 3 exam.
An Expert Level certificate is valid for 7 years.
What are the entry requirements?
To obtain the ISTQB® CTEL-TM certification, candidates must have:
- the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) certificate
- the ISTQB® Advanced Level Test Manager (CTAL-TM) certificate
- exam passes in ALL three parts: Part 1 - Strategic Management, Part 2 - Operational Management and Part 3 - Managing the Test Team
- at least 5 years of practical testing experience
- at least 2 years of industry experience in Test Management.
Note: Local ISTQB® Member Boards may have specified other specific eligibility criteria - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Who is this certification for?
Expert Level certification is aimed at those who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in a specific area. It is particularly suitable for software testers with a clearly defined professional goal.
How does this certification benefit me?
ISTQB® CTEL-TM - Operational Test Management (CTEL-TM-OTM) considers the skills needed for the Test Manager to manage third party relationships including contractual, communication, integration, and verification of quality aspects. It covers the ability to create, build, and maintain relationships with other managers and other teams, as well as project management skills, including project risk management, and organizing and moderating effective retrospective meetings. Reporting and interpreting test results by evaluation of exit criteria is elaborated upon, and metrics are described which play a crucial role in the management of the test process. Release considerations for the Test Manager are also highlighted.
By passing ALL three parts: the CTEL-TM-STM exam, the CTEL-TM-OTM exam and the CTEL-TM-MTT exam, you can be awarded the full CTEL-TM certification. You can find details of the Business Outcomes defined by ISTQB® for CTEL-TM certification here.
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other certifications that may be of interest:
- ISTQB® - International Software Testing Qualifications Board
- Exam questions
- Minimum score
- 65 %
- Examination Time
- 45 min
- You will need: the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level & Advanced Level - Test Manager certificate; exam passes in ALL 3 parts of Certified Tester Expert Level-TM; experience: at least 5 years in software testing & 2 years in test management
- Product Type