ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing (CT-PT)
Click here to see how to schedule your exam.
What are the exam options available?
How to request extra time
What is 2TRY and how does it work?
ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing (CT-PT)
Performance efficiency (or simply “performance”) is an essential part of providing a “good experience” for users when they use applications on a variety of fixed and mobile platforms. Performance testing plays a critical role in establishing acceptable quality levels for the end user and is often closely integrated with other disciplines such as usability engineering and performance engineering. Additionally, evaluation of functional suitability, usability and other quality characteristics under conditions of load, such as during execution of a performance test, may reveal load-specific issues which impact those characteristics.
The ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing syllabus considers the following principal aspects of performance testing:
- Technical aspects
- Method-based aspects
- Organizational aspects
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing exam.
You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them.
The syllabus includes topics relevant to anyone involved in performance testing:
- Understand the basic concepts of performance efficiency and performance testing
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests
- Analyze the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance testing to various stakeholders
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle
The exam is available as remote proctored exam and in Pearson Vue test centers for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing exam, you will need the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing certification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing with a specialisation in performance testing
- You will be able to conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests
- You will be able to define performance risks; monitor and capture performance statistics
Who is this certification for?
This ISTQB® qualification is aimed at anyone involved in software testing who wishes to broaden their knowledge of performance testing or anyone who wishes to start a specialist career in performance testing. It is also aimed at anyone involved in performance engineering who wishes to gain a better understanding of performance testing.
It is particularly suitable for:
- Software testers including test analysts and technical test analysts
- Performance testers
- Performance engineers
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest:
ISTQB® Specialist Certifications:* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Acceptance Testing (CT-AcT)* ISTQB® Certified Tester - AI Testing (CT-AI)* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Automotive Software Tester (CT-AuT) * ISTQB® Certified Tester - Game Testing (CT-GaMe)* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Gambling Industry Tester (CT-GT)* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Mobile Application Testing (CT-MAT)* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Model-Based Testing (CT-MBT)
* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Security Tester (CT-SEC)* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE)* ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing (CT-UT) ISTQB® Agile Certifications: *** ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester (CTFL-AT) * ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT)* ISTQB Agile Test Leadership at Scale**ISTQB® Advanced Level: *** ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA)* ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager (CTAL-TM)* ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA)**ISTQB® Expert Level* ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level - Assessing the Test Process (CTEL-ITP-ATP)* ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level - Implementing Test Process Improvements (CTEL-ITP-ITPI)* ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Strategic Test Management (CTEL-TM-SM) * ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Operational Test Management (CTEL-TM-OTM) * ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Managing the Test Team (CTEL-TM-MTT)
If you need to be able to gather requirements then you could consider IREB Requirements Engineering - Foundation Level.
- ISTQB® - International Software Testing Qualifications Board
- Exam questions
- Minimum score
- 65 %
- Examination Time
- 90 min
- In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing exam, you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
- Product Type