ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing (CT-UT)
Click here to see how to schedule your exam.
What are the exam options available?
How to request extra time
What is 2TRY and how does it work?
ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing (CT-UT)
Usability refers to the quality of a user\'s experience when interacting with products or systems, including websites, software, devices, or applications. Usability is about effectiveness, efficiency and the overall satisfaction of the user. Usability is multi dimensional and influenced by a combination of factors; a software product can work exactly to specification and still have serious usability problems.
The ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing offers candidates an opportunity to prove and improve their usability testing skills. It will support anyone responsible for usability testing to test the ease with which the user interfaces can be used and whether the application, or the product, is user-centric or not.
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing exam.
You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them.
The syllabus includes topics relevant to anyone involved in Usability Testing who wants to learn or demonstrate the following:
- Understand the basic concepts of usability and usability testing.
- Identify and classify the severity of usability risks and potential accessibility violations in a given product at any stage of a development cycle.
- Cite relevant standards for usability, user experience, and accessibility and verify their implementation in a given product.
- Set up procedures so that stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals may be verified in practice for a given product.
- Design and monitor the implementation of a test plan for achieving stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals.
- Explain the rationale, process and results of usability, user experience and accessibility evaluations to non-specialist stakeholders.
The exam is available as remote proctored exam and in Pearson Vue Test Centers for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Usability Testing exam, you will need the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing certification:
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of skills in the field of software testing with a specialisation in usability testing.
- You can demonstrate that you can perform the principle tasks of a usability tester and that you: * understand the fundamentals of usability, user experience and accessibility * can evaluate usability, user experience and accessibility (including human-centred Design and agile evaluation); can select the most appropriate evaluation method.
- can organize and participate in the assessment of usability risks
- know the applicable standards in usability and accessibility.
- can write a usability test plan (including the test script)
- can conduct usability reviews
- can conduct a usability survey
- You can add value to your organization\'s usability testing.
Who is this certification for?
ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Testing is aimed at anyone who wishes to broaden their knowledge of usability testing or anyone who wishes to start a specialist career in usability testing.
It is particularly suitable for:
- Usability Testers
- Usability Engineers
- Software testers/test engineers/tests analysts needing to usability test
- Software Engineers needing to usability test
- Anyone involved in Usability and UX design who has a focus on testing.
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest:
ISTQB® Specialist Certifications:
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Acceptance Testing (CT-AcT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - AI Testing (CT-AI)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Automotive Software Tester (CT-AuT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Game Testing (CT-GaMe)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Gambling Industry Tester (CT-GT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Mobile Application Testing (CT-MAT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Model-Based Testing (CT-MBT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing (CT-PT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Security Tester (CT-SEC)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE)
**ISTQB® Agile Certifications: **
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester (CTFL-AT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT)
- ISTQB Agile Test Leadership at Scale
**ISTQB® Advanced Level: **
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager (CTAL-TM)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA)
ISTQB® Expert Level
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level - Assessing the Test Process (CTEL-ITP-ATP)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level - Implementing Test Process Improvements (CTEL-ITP-ITPI)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Strategic Test Management (CTEL-TM-SM)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Operational Test Management (CTEL-TM-OTM)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Managing the Test Team (CTEL-TM-MTT)
If you are seeking to extend your knowledge of** test automation**, we recommend:
If you need to be able to gather requirements then you could consider IREB Requirements Engineering - Foundation Level.
- ISTQB® - International Software Testing Qualifications Board
- Exam questions
- Minimum score
- 65 %
- Examination Time
- 60 min
- Um die ISTQB Certified Tester Usability Testing Zertifizierung abzulegen, benötigen Sie das ISTQB Certified Tester – Foundation Level (ISTQB CTFL) Zertifikat.
- Product Type