ISTQB® Certified Tester - AI Testing (CT-AI)
Click here to see how to schedule your exam.
What are the exam options available?
How to request extra time
What is 2TRY and how does it work?
ISTQB® Certified Tester - AI Testing (CT-AI)
The ISTQB® Certified Tester - AI Testing is for individuals who want to expand their skills in testing AI based systems and/or AI for testing. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, data analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
This certification is aimed at improving and attesting to a basic understanding of testing AI-based systems and/or AI for testing.
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester - AI Testing exam.
The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions. The total number of points for this exam is 47 points. To pass the exam, at least 65% (31 points) of the total sum of points must be answered correctly.
The exam duration is 60 minutes. If the candidate’s native language is not the examination language, the candidate is allowed an additional 25% (exam duration = 75 minutes)
You can prepare for the exam by attending an accredited training course for ISTQB® Certified Tester AI Testing; participants will have relevant content and topics clearly explained and taught to them. The course will help you to understand the syllabus with the guidance of a trainer and give you understanding and knowledge of AI-based systems and using AI for Testing.
The exam is also available on Pearson Vue and as a remote proctored FLEX exam for anyone wishing to self-study.
What are the entry requirements?
The mandatory prerequisite for taking the ISTQB® Certified Tester AI Testing exam is that candidates have achieved ISTQB® Certified Tester − Foundation Level certification.
How does this certification benefit me?
With the the ISTQB®Certified Tester AI Testing you will:
- Understand the current state and expected trends of AI.
- Experience the implementation and testing of an ML model and recognize where testers can best influence its quality.
- Understand the challenges associated with testing AI-based systems, such as their self-learning capabilities, bias, ethics, complexity, non-determinism, transparency and explainability.
- Contribute to the test strategy for an AI-based system.
- Design and execute test cases for AI-based systems.
- Recognize the special requirements for the test infrastructure to support the testing of AI-based systems.
- Understand how AI can be used to support software testing.
Who is this certification for?
The Certified Tester AI Testing is suitable for
- Anyone who is involved in testing as well as anyone interested in AI-based systems. This includes people performing activities such as test analysis, test consulting and software development.
- Anyone working with Agile or sequential software development lifecycles.
- Anyone involved in testing AI-based systems and/or AI for testing including testers, test analysts, data analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
- Anyone who wants a basic understanding of testing AI-based systems and/or AI for testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, operations team members, IT directors and management consultants.
What other certifications can you recommend?
Other ISTQB® certifications that may be of interest:
ISTQB® Specialist Certifications:
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Acceptance Testing (CT-AcT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Automotive Software Tester (CT-AuT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Game Testing (CT-GaMe)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Gambling Industry Tester (CT-GT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Mobile Application Testing (CT-MAT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Model-Based Testing (CT-MBT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Performance Testing (CT-PT)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Security Tester (CT-SEC)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester - Usability Tester (CT-UT)
**ISTQB® Agile Certifications: **
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT)
- ISTQB Agile Test Leadership at Scale
ISTQB® Advanced Level:
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager (CTAL-TM)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA)
ISTQB® Expert Level
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level - Assessing the Test Process (CTEL-ITP-ATP)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level - Implementing Test Process Improvements (CTEL-ITP-ITPI)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Strategic Test Management (CTEL-TM-SM)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Operational Test Management (CTEL-TM-OTM)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Managing the Test Team (CTEL-TM-MTT)
If you are seeking to extend your knowledge of** test automation**, we recommend:
If you need to be able to gather requirements then you could consider IREB® Certified Professional Requirements Engineer – Foundation Level CPRE-FL
- ISTQB® - International Software Testing Qualifications Board
- Exam questions
- Minimum score
- 65 %
- Examination Time
- 60 min
- In order to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Specialist AI Testing exam you will need to hold the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certification.
- Product Type